Apex Legends is one of the latest blockbuster games which has hit the charts since its launch in 2019. The game has over 15 million active players in just the span of a year. The game was published by electronic arts. But many of the users are busy googling reasons for apex legends crashing.
Yes, you heard it right. Despite coming from a well-known publisher, the game has been crashing again and again for many users worldwide. If the same problem brought you here, you have landed on the correct website.
Today we are going to tell you about the possible reasons for the apex legends to crash furthermore we will also have a brief view of the solutions. So, scroll down and read ahead to solve the issue.
- 1 Why Is Apex Legends Crashing?
- 2 Ways to Fix Apex Legends Crashing Issue
- 3 Final Words
Why Is Apex Legends Crashing?
There isn’t any fixed reason for this occurrence. There are multiple possible reasons which can be listed as:
- Old graphics drivers – It might be the case that you have been using old graphics drivers which are no longer supported in the game.
- Missing game files – Another possibility for the game getting crashed repeatedly, is that some files might be missing which are required to run the game.
- Full-screen optimization – This is the windows latest feature which runs every game in a borderless window to improve the gameplay, but in some games, it might become the reason for the issue. It might cause Apex legends to crash repeatedly.
- Small virtual memory file – you must consider increasing your virtual memory file storage for the game to use it as extra RAM when required.
- Administrative Privileges Disabled – certain files of the game might require administrative privileges to run normally. If it hasn’t been granted it might cause the game to crash.
- Higher FPS – A very high FPS setting might cause the game to crash again and again.
Ways to Fix Apex Legends Crashing Issue
If you have been troubled by the crashing issue of Apex legends, here are some easy troubleshooting steps which you can follow to escape out of this problem:
1. Reboot your Computer
The easiest of all and the most basic hack to solve such issues is to restart your device. Follow the same to overcome this problem. Close every application running on your computer and then hit the restart button. After the reboot takes place, reopen Apex legends to see if the application is running as expected.
2. Grant Administrative Permission
Some files from the game might need administrative privileges to function correctly. If the game hasn’t been granted administrative privileges it might crash repeatedly. To grant the permission follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the Apex Legends shortcut on your desktop. Select the ‘Open File Location‘ option from the list.
- The folder containing the game files will open. Now, right-click on the ‘r5apex.exe‘ and click the Properties option from the list.
- In the properties tab, click on the ‘Compatibility‘ option.
- Check the box against the ‘Run as administrator option.
- Tap on the ‘Apply‘ button and then click ‘OK’.
3. Don’t Minimize the Game
Many users faced this crashing issue only when they minimize the game. Do not press ‘Alt+Tab‘ to switch between open apps. There is a bug in the game which causes the game to crash whenever it is opened after minimizing it by pressing ‘Alt+Tab‘. So, try to play the game without any pauses. If you tend to minimize it, close the game and restart it for smooth gameplay.
4. Increase Virtual Memory
This has turned out to be an instant solution for many of the Apex Legends users worldwide. Whatever amount of RAM your system holds, adding some extra page file memory might help you to solve your issue. To do so follow the steps as mentioned:
- Right-click on This PC icon and then choose the Properties option from the dropdown menu.
- Now click on the Advanced system settings in the menu on the right-hand side of your screen.
- The system properties dialog box appears. Click on the advanced tab.
- Now, under the performance main option click on Settings.
- Performance options dialog box appears on your screen. Click on the Advanced tab.
- Under the virtual memory, the menu clicks on the Change option.
- Un-tick the automatically manage paging option if checked. Now feed the initial and maximum size and then click on the Set button and when you are done click on the OK button.
- Ensure that you put the same value for both initial and maximum size to avoid any major changes. Now launch the game again and see if it’s still crashing.
5. Update Graphics Drivers
The graphic card driver’s provider on your desktop by default might turn out to be an old and outdated version. Since Apex Legends is in a newly launched game it might crash if you are using the same old outdated Graphics driver. To update the graphic card drivers, follow the underlying steps:
1. For Nvidia Users
- Search for the GeForce Experience application in the search bar and press Enter.
- Open the application and sign in with your details.
- No click on the Drivers option besides the Home button on the top left side of your screen.
- After heading to the driver’s tab click on the ‘Check for Updates button on the top right side of your screen.
- Make sure that you are connected to a strong and stable internet connection. The application will itself check if there is any new update available.
- In case any new updates are available, the download button might show up in front of the update name. Hit the Download button.
- The download begins and after the driver is downloaded you will get options to choose from express or custom installation.
- Tap on the express installation option and the latest driver will automatically be installed.
- Once the installation is complete restart the game to check if any issues persist.
2. For AMD Users
- Right-click on your screen and choose the AMD Radeon settings from the drop-down list.
- No click on the Updates option in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Click on the ‘Check for updates button. If any new update is available it will show up on the same screen.
- Click on the latest update and then click on the update now option.
- Now the AMD installer will start upgrading the driver. Furthermore, check all the boxes and click on the install option.
- Now the latest graphic driver will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once the installation is complete reboot your system and launch the game again.
6. Verify Game Files
It might be the case that some important files necessary to run the game properly might be missing from your hard drive. So, you must run a check to see if all the game files required are present in your library. To verify the game files and solve the Apex Legends crashing issue follow the steps below:
- Open the Origin client on your system and log in to your account.
- Select the ‘My Game Library‘ option on the left side of your screen.
- Now, right-click on Apex Legends and select the Repair option from the drop-down list of options.
- The origin kind will start verifying the game files on your system.
- Completed it will also automatically download if there is any missing file. It also replaces the corrupted files if found.
- No, then the game again and see if the problem is sorted out.
7. Disable Full-screen optimization
As I told you earlier about this feature, it tries to run the game in a borderless window for a better gaming experience. But in some cases, it also leads to crashing of the game files. To disable this, follow the steps ahead:
- Right-click on the shortcut of Apex Legends on your screen. Tap on the open file location option from the drop-down menu.
- The game folder opens on your screen. Now right-click on ‘r5apex.exe‘ and select the properties option.
- Under the properties dialogue box, open the compatibility tab.
- Now check the ‘Disable full-screen optimizations‘ option and then apply your settings.
- Finally, click on the OK button. Now run the game again to see if it’s working smoothly.
Apex Legends rolled out very recently and has gained popularity within a span of years. But there might be instances when you face the game crashing issue. Till reaching this part of the page I hope that you have successfully fixed your issue. Shower us with your valuable feedback in the comment section below. Also, share this page with someone you know with the same problem.
Leave a Reply