If you are using a Windows PC, you must have come across multiple updates that Microsoft releases to improve the performance and security of your device. Installing and updating Windows PCs is a very easy and fast process unless you don’t encounter any errors. While updating windows one of the errors that frequently comes up is error code 0x8024a105. Today we are going to talk about fixing this error and updating windows smoothly.
- 1 Why Error Code 0x8024a105 Comes Up?
- 2 How to Fix Error 0x8024a105 on Windows 10?
- 3 Conclusion
Why Error Code 0x8024a105 Comes Up?
Several factors can contribute to causing this error in your system. The factors can include improper installation, corrupt or missing files, any virus present or missing or incomplete files. You must encounter a pop-up box displaying a message that “There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. this error code might help: (0x8024a105)”.
How to Fix Error 0x8024a105 on Windows 10?
You do not need to panic at all. This issue can be easily resolved by following the ways described below. Scroll down as I tell you about various steps by following which you can easily escape out of the problem:
1. Run the Windows Troubleshooter
The first and foremost thing to do when you experience an error while updating your windows is to run the troubleshooter. This is an inbuilt tool that is used to diagnose and fix windows update-related issues. To run the troubleshooter, follow the underlying steps:
- Click on the windows icon in the bottom left corner of your screen. Tap on the Settings option.
- Click on the update and security option in the windows settings dialog box.
- Now click on the troubleshoot option in the left pane of your screen.
- Click on the additional troubleshooter’s option provided below.
- Among the options here choose windows update. Click on run the troubleshooter option.
- The Windows update troubleshooter process will come complete automatically and recommend the solutions to fix the error if any problem is detected by the windows.
2. Change the User Account Control Settings
Many times users face these windows update error codes 0x8024a105, because of the lack of administrative privileges to the user account. Updating your windows make sure that you are doing it through the administrator account on your PC. To alter any settings related to user accounts on the PC follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows+R key on your keyboard.
- The RUN dialog box appears. Type ‘netplwiz’ in the space provided and press Enter.
- Select the user you are currently logged in to and click on the Properties option.
- Go to the Group Membership tab.
- Under the tab, click on the Administrator option.
- Now, click on Apply button.
- Click on the OK button to exit from the properties window.
- Again, click on the OK button to exit the User Account window.
3. Disable Your Antivirus
Another possible reason for the cause of error in the windows update might be your windows defender or some other third-party antivirus software installed on your computer. To verify if this is the major problem, disable the antivirus temporarily and then try reinstalling the windows update. Follow the steps below to disable the Windows Defender:
- Click on the Windows button on the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Then click on the settings icon.
- Go to Updates and Security options from the listed options.
- Now click on virus and threat protection from the protection areas section.
- Tap on the manage settings option in the new window.
- Toggle off the real-time protection.
- Restart your system for the effects to take place.
4. Reset Windows Update Commands
If you have cried the worst steps and still failed to fix windows update error code 0x8024a105, it’s time to manually reset the windows update components using the command prompt. To do this simply follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Type Command Prompt in the Windows search bar located at the lower left.
- Right-click on the first result and select “Run as administrator” for command prompt admin access. If a prompt User account control (UAC) appears, click OK.
- At the command prompt window, type the following commands in order then hit Enter key after each command.
- Type net stop bits then press Enter.
- Type net stop wuauserv then press Enter.
- Type net stop cryptSvc then press Enter.
- Type net stop msiserver then press Enter.
- Type ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old then press Enter.
- Type ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old then press Enter.
- Type net start bits then press Enter.
- Type net start wuauserv then press Enter.
- Type net start cryptSvc then press Enter.
- Type net start msiserver then press Enter.
- Click Close to Exit command prompt window.
- Now, restart your PC.
5. Delete Software Distribution Folder
Some users have reported that just deleting the software distribution folder on the system using the Windows PowerShell is quite helpful to fix the update-related errors. To follow this do as mentioned below:
- In the search bar located below on the left side of your screen type Powershell.
- Right-click on the result and click on run as administrator option from the dropdown menu.
- In the power cell window type net stop wuauserv, and then press Enter.
- Again, type net stop bits and then press Enter.
- Now press Windows + E to open the file explorer on your system.
- Go to the local disc and click on the windows folder and then scroll down to the open software distribution folder.
- Select all by pressing Ctrl + A and then press the delete button on your keyboard.
- Confirm any prompts to remove the files.
- Now take a re-attempt to update your windows.
6. Bring Windows Media Creation Tool into Action
The repeated display of error means that the default system is unable to establish a secure and stable connection with the servers for updating your PC. In this case, you need to use a media creation tool to perform the update successfully. To bring it to action follow the steps below:
- Click here to download the windows media creation tool.
- Once downloaded run the file and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
- After installation selects the option upgrade this PC and tab on the next button.
- Check the box to accept the license terms and conditions to run the installer on your device.
- The media creation tool will start their gradation process and wait for it to finish.
As we all are aware that windows are a very user-friendly operating system. The developers keep trying to make it more secure and easy to use. But while installing these updates on your system one might face errors due to one or multiple reasons.
After going through this page, we hope that you have fixed the error and completed the update successfully on your system. Provide us with your valuable feedback in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to share this page with someone you know this facing the same challenge.