Hello, dear reader! Do you love playing Minecraft? Is Minecraft your favorite game? Do you experience an error message “http://aka.ms/Remoteconnect”? If the answer is yes to all the above questions, welcome my friend to this article of mine.
Minecraft is very popular and no doubt a trending game across the globe. The game is simple with a very attractive user interface and easy-to-use controls. The game is duly compatible with almost every device including PCs, mobile phones, Xbox, and some more. If you are also an integral part of this huge Minecraft community you must be aware that you need to log in with your Microsoft account to play the game.
So, facing issues while playing such a famous game isn’t happening for the first time. I am pretty sure that you must have come across the error, “http://aka.ms/Remoteconnect” at least once or even more than that. So, hang on and scroll ahead to know what exactly this error means and why it is showing up on your device.
What Is http://aka.ms/Remoteconnect?
You do not need to worry at all if you are facing this issue. This one is a very common error display to almost every Minecraft player. Any user comes across this issue when they try to login into their Microsoft account to continue with the game. The only use of “Aka ms remoteconnect” is to connect your current gaming device with the Microsoft server to authorize it for further Minecraft services.
And until and unless you do not provide the code that the website asks you won’t be able to play Minecraft games on your device. The users who play Minecraft on PS4 or Nintendo Switch generally face this issue more frequently than others.
The website “http://aka.ms/Remoteconnect” asks you for the verification code to connect your device to the Microsoft server and proceed further for playing Minecraft. If you’re wondering where to find a code or how to enter the code, just read ahead as we answer all your questions and help you in tackling this error all by yourself.
Why Is This Error Showing Up?
Before jumping on to the ways to fix it out let’s discuss the reasons behind this remote connect error. The causes of this error are very common and you might wonder why you didn’t think about them.
1. Registering to a New Device
If you have been playing for a long time and now you decide to switch your device, you might need to come across this error. So, whenever you are upgrading or simply changing your gaming device this issue shows up. The Microsoft team has full reports and information about this happening and they are currently working to fix it out.
2. Broken Data Files
Another possible culprit for you to encounter this issue is a corrupt or broken game data file. The best way to solve the issue if it occurred due to this specific reason is very installing the complete application on your device. This is the prime reason why the backups of all your apps and software are necessary.
How to Fix “http://aka.ms/Remoteconnect” Issue?
Now when you know the possible reasons for this issue, let’s talk about the fixing methods in a brief:
1. Enter the Verification Code
So, let’s start with the most basic and effective way to solve this problem. Maneuver through the below steps to know how it is to be done:
- Open the Minecraft game on your new device.
- Sign in with your login details and after that make an effort to link it with your Microsoft account.
- Now it is when you get the error message “http://aka.ms/Remoteconnect”, and it will ask you to enter the verification code to proceed further.
- To solve this problem, open a browser and login into your Microsoft account. You can also click here to get redirected to the login page.
- Open a new tab and click on this link http://aka.ms/remoteconnect
- Enter the same code as it appeared on your Minecraft error screen. Press Next to continue.
- Agree to all those terms and conditions presented by Microsoft. You can trust them as Microsoft is a legal platform. Press Yes to finish the process.
And now you must have got rid of the reconnect issue you have been facing on your new gaming device. You will not experience the same error again on the same device and will be able to play the game smoothly without any other obstacles.
2. Create a New Microsoft Account
I really hope that the last solution came to your use and you managed to figure it out but in case you couldn’t hear is another solution for the same issue.
Now I would like to suggest you create a new Microsoft account for your new device. The terms and conditions alter between the gaming platforms such as Xbox, PS4 and Nintendo Switch hence you might face the error.
To proceed with this solution, follow the underlying steps:
- Click here to reach out to the official Microsoft page. Tap on the Sign-in option in the top right corner of your screen.
- Click on create one option to proceed further.
- Now you can use your email ID or phone number for creating a new account. Although I would like to suggest you use a phone number because this method is faster and simple.
- Enter your phone number and create a strong password for your new account.
- Fill out your details as required and click on Next.
- Enter the verification code sent to your phone number to complete the process.
Now, you are done with your new Microsoft account. Open Minecraft and now log in with the new account details.
Nobody likes to face repeated issues while playing their favorite game. Today we solved the http://aka.ms/Remoteconnect issue. We hope you are out of the problem and enjoying your game till this section of the page. Shower us with your feedback in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to share the page with your friends who are also facing the same issue.