Minecraft is a very popular sandbox video game. It is popular among children and adults alike. The game graphics might seem to be light but it consumes a good amount of your system resources. Hence sometimes the Minecraft not responding issue arises. If you are also troubled by this error then this entire article is dedicated to you.
As we proceed ahead, we will come to know about the roots causing this problem. We will also have a brief explanation of solving this issue in minutes with just some clicks. So, without wasting any more time scroll down to go through the whole content on the page.
- 1 Why is Minecraft Not Responding?
- 2 How to Fix Minecraft Not Responding Issue?
- 3 Final Words
Why is Minecraft Not Responding?
Before we jump straight into fixing the error we must learn about the root cause of the same. Minecraft is an amazing game and has thousands of things to do inside. However, some issues or technical faults keep on interrupting us and prevent us from playing the game peacefully.
The Minecraft not responding issue arises in several scenarios because of several possible causes. Although there isn’t any specific reason for this to happen here is a list of the most possible causes for your inconvenience:
- Outdated or expired windows.
- Outdated drivers.
- Any third-party app conflicts.
- Lack of administrator privileges.
- Missing game file
- The old version of Java
- Mods not supported on your PC.
These are the most prominent causes for Minecraft to stop working in between your gameplay.
How to Fix Minecraft Not Responding Issue?
This Minecraft issue can be really frustrating if you are somewhere in the middle of your game. Since this problem has multiple causes, you really need to figure out which of the solutions mentioned below can work out for you. Or you can simply go through each one of them until the problem is solved. The solutions are very straightforward and can be easily done within minutes. The solutions are:
1. Update your Java Version
Minecraft runs on Java and if by any chance you have an outdated Java operating system the game won’t run properly. So, follow the steps below and update your Java for smooth gameplay:
- Click here to reach the official Java website.
- Download the version of Java that is compatible with your OS. (32/64 bit)
- Double click to launch the downloaded file.
- On the installation screen, click on the install option.
- The setup will start installing the latest version of Java on your system.
- Once the installation is completed, you will be notified about the outdated versions of Java on your system.
- Now head to your app’s settings and uninstall the older versions.
That’s the whole process of updating the Java on your system. Now reboot your PC and then launch the game.
2. Grant Administrator Privileges
The game files of Minecraft might not be able to utilize all the available resources due to restructured access. So, to fix this issue here are the steps to run Minecraft as an administrator.
- Go to the folder with all the Minecraft installed files. Locate the main executable setup file.
- Right-click on the file and click on Properties.
- Select the compatibility tab and check the box next to Run this program as an administrator.
- Click on the apply button and then select ok.
- Now run Minecraft again, check if this has worked.
3. Disable the Mods
If you are facing issues while playing Minecraft, the mods might be a reason for this issue. There are multiple modes available on the internet for anyone to download and run them on their system. But some of these are unfinished and can be loaded with bugs. If you have also added any mods to your Minecraft, disabling them can easily work out for you as a solution.
You can disable these mods via any game launcher such as Twitch or Forge. You can also add .disabled to the end of your mods file name. Restart your system for the changes to take effect and then restart your game.
4. Update your Video Drivers
The drivers of your system and crucial role in the smooth running of any application. In case any of the drivers in your system are outdated or corrupt then it is likely to face such errors. To update your video drivers, proceed as the steps provided below:
- Press Windows + R key together.
- Type devmgt.msc and press the enter button.
- The device manager window will appear on your screen.
- From the list of devices select the Display Adapters option and expand it.
- Right-click on your device name, and select the Update driver option from the menu list.
- When the pop-up appears, search automatically for updated driver software.
Windows will automatically download and install the latest driver as per your system.
5. Disable the Discord Overlay
A lot of users have reported that discord overlay can be a leading culprit for Minecraft not responding. Let’s try fixing this out by following the steps below:
- Before you start this make sure you don’t have any application open on your system.
- Now open your discord and click on the settings icon.
- Select the overlay tab from the left side of your screen.
- Not toggle off the enable in-game overlay option.
- Close the discard app and launch Minecraft again.
6. Check for Windows Updates
It might be the case that you have been using an outdated system. So, we would suggest you update your Windows to the latest updates released by following the underlying steps:
- Press Windows and S key on your keyboard together.
- Type updates in the search bar below.
- Click on the check for updates result displayed.
- Your system will automatically download the latest update and install it on your system if it is provided with a strong and stable internet connection.
- Reboot your system and then launch the game again.
7. Reinstall Minecraft
At last, reinstalling the game on your system will definitely solve your issue. So let’s re-install the game and resume our fun. To install the game, follow the steps below:
- Windows and R key together on your keyboard.
- Type appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- Locate the Minecraft and right-click to select the uninstall option.
- Once you have completed installing the game click here to go to the official Minecraft website. Download the latest installer compatible with your OS.
- Before launching the installer again press Windows + R keys together.
- Type %appdata% in the space provided.
- Open Local, LocalLow, and Roaming folder and delete all the Minecraft associated files in there.
- No, install Minecraft again using the downloaded launcher.
And after this, you have completed reinstalling Minecraft.
Minecraft is a very popular game. The developers have been trying really hard to add new features for your convenience as well as update the game graphics. Whereas you might face some issues in it while playing Minecraft. Here we are successfully resolved Minecraft not responding with a few simple easy steps. Hope this is helpful for you.
Don’t forget to write your feedback in the comment section below. Also, write about any other solution known to you. Share this page with your near and dear ones if they are also troubled by the same problem.