Not sure if you’ve noticed it, but sometimes browsing over the website or opening an app for the first time might take too long than usual. Even when it is just a few seconds, those few seconds are too much when you have to wait for the webpage to load. Maybe the hidden cache is causing you trouble. Now, are you wondering what is hidden cache? And why is it causing you trouble while browsing?
Well, cache data is just some data stored by your device to give you a better browsing experience. However, too many cache files can cause issues. Therefore, it is necessary to clear these hidden caches from time to time.
What is Hidden Cache?
However, there are few disadvantages of these cache files as well.
- These cache files take up most of your phone storage.
- The browser uses the cache files to return to the website. However, if the website has been updated, the cache file will take you to the cached version of the website and not the new one.
As you see, the disadvantages can trouble you a lot. Luckily, the process of clearing the hidden cache and cookies on your Android devices is easy. If you want to know more, let’s move to the next section right away.
How To Clear Hidden Cache?
In past, there were rather few browsers to go to. However, these days you will find a lot of new browsers popping out daily. Although there are several ways to clean up the hidden cache, the processes are slightly different. Here, we have mentioned different ways for some most frequently used mobile browsers. So, let’s take a look at them one by one.
1. How To Clear Cache In The Chrome App?
Most Android users have Google Chrome as their default browser. Here are the steps that are required to clear cache in the Chrome app.
- Open the Chrome browser on your device.
- Click on the three-dotted icon present at the top-right corner. This will pull down the further options.
- Now, select History from the drop-down menu.
- Choose Clear Browsing Data available at the top.
- Under this option, make sure that the Cached image and files are checked.
- Next, you need to choose the time frame you wish to delete. (last hour, last 24 hours, last 7 days, last 4 weeks, or all-time). You can even check the boxes for Cookies to permanently delete it.
- Click on the Clear Data option.
Once you follow these steps, all the hidden cache will be deleted from your device. You can also delete the saved passwords, site settings, and auto-fill data through the Advanced tab.
2. How To Clear Cache From Mozilla Firefox?
Mozilla Firefox is the second most used browser on Android devices. Although, there is not much difference in the steps, here are the steps that Android users can go through to clear cache from their device.
- Open the Mozilla Firefox app on your phone.
- On the top-right corner, click on the three-dotted icon for the drop-down menu.
- Click on Settings.
- Go to Privacy, and choose Delete Browsing Data.
- Now, select Cache to clear the cached data. You can also select the cookies and active login to delete cookies.
- Click on Clear Data to proceed further.
And it’s done. These steps will clear all the cached data related to the browser and then you can enjoy a fast browsing experience without a stop.
3. How To Clear Hidden Cache From Third-Party Apps?
The process involved to clear hidden cache from third-party apps is simple. The steps below will help you clear hidden cache from the third-party apps. Also, you should know that all the data will be intact. So, you don’t need to worry about losing the data and redo your log-ins.
- Open the Settings on your device.
- Click on Apps.
- Select the required app.
- Now, in the app settings, go to Storage.
- Click on “Clear Cache.”
- Tap OK when you see the pop-up that asks to confirm the action.
And it’s done. The process might differ for some Android devices. However, the above steps work for most methods.
How Often Should You Clear Your Cache Memory?
Although it is not that mandatory, it is recommended to clear the cache memory once in a while. You must know that cache files takes a part of your phone storage. And sometimes it is responsible for the slow functioning of your device. Mostly, older versions of smartphones get affected by the cache data. So, clear the data more frequently.
If you are facing memory issues, then you can delete the least used apps from your phone. This will not only free up some space but also boost the phone’s speed.
Finally, you now know “what is hidden cache?” If you are thinking that deleting these hidden files might cause some problem while browsing or destroy any of the content that you choose to save on the Internet. Then the answer is NO. It won’t affect your browsing experience. Don’t forget to clean your cache memory now and then. It will only improve the performance.